Bordered by more than 100 km of coast, the Île de Ré is a small land packed with treasures. Beaches of Île de Ré are among the most beautiful and preserved in Europe. If you are either athlete, fan of tanning, or for a real swim, the Sunêlia Interlude Campsite gives you its selection of the best beaches on Île de Ré.
Family beaches of Île de Ré
To enjoy a family swimming, while letting the children have fun safely, the best beaches are on the southern and western coast of the island:
• Gros-Jonc beach: Surrounded by the sand dune and at only 50m of the Sunêlia Interlude Campsite, this fine sandy beach is protected of the wind and offers a quiet sea really appreciated by families.
• Trousse-Chemise beach: located at the western tip of the island, this great shady beach, by a pine forest, is perfect for swimming, picnics and peaceful walks.
• Gollandières beach: huge fine sand beach, it proposed a lot of varied activities for kids and adults.
Wild beaches of Île de Ré
You are seeking for more intimate beaches, quieter, or beaches dedicated to real thrill?
- The beach of la Conche des Baleines: At the west of the island, in Saint-Clément-des-Baleines, this part of the coast stayed wild and offers a real playground for surfers and kitesurfers.
- Grenettes beach: this shady beach, located in a wooded area, is in the southern coast of the island. A great surfing spot too !
- The beach of Grouin: charming beach, intimate and lovely, it is just as much adapted to swimming than to seaside activities.